In/Words is now accepting submissions for Issue 12.3!
Submission deadline is 31st May.
In/Words publishes poetry, fiction, non-fiction and visual art from up-and-coming and established artists. We only accept email submissions.
- Poetry: please send no more than 5 poems totaling up to 15o lines
- Fiction: fiction submissions can be up to 2000 words and should be double-spaced
- Photography and artwork should be sent in a high-quality digital format (minimum 300 DPI)
- If you’d like to do a review, please send us an email first that outlines the text, your publishing history (if any) and whether or not you have a review copy at hand
Submissions should be sent to inwordsmagazine [at] gmail [dot] com. The subject line should contain the word “submission” as well as the appropriate category and the submitter’s surname (e.g. “Poetry Submission – Kipling”).
Simultaneous submissions are okay, just let us know ASAP if a submission is accepted elsewhere.
Poetry submissions can be pasted into the email or attached as a .doc or .rtf file. Fiction submissions must be attached and not pasted into the email.
- Send your entire manuscript and tell us to fish for what we like
- Provide long explanations of your pieces; good work should speak for itself
- Email us about the status of your submission unless it has been 2 months since you submitted
Submissions not adhering to the above guidelines will not be read. The more you respect our submission guidelines, the sooner we’ll be able to get back to you. Thanks for playing!